the relationship stories

This is what happened after a series of private meeting with few of my friends: I got plenty spicy stuff to write about relationships. Girls (and boys), I'm not going to name names based on the secrecy you (thought you) gave me when we had our lunches/dinners/YMs/phone calls. But your stuffs are so damn writable. Heehee..

Here're the highlights:


  • "My boyfriend doesn't understand me! He has to talk to me every night although I told him that I was so tired. Zie, I think I want to breakup." A friend who wants a more understanding boyfriend.

  • "My girlfriend asks for unthinkable things for such an early relationship. We argued all the time!" A friend who are confused about the girl's character, to say the least.

  • "Am I living in my past, Zie?" :) a friend who is trying to get further explanation from the ghostly relationship.

  • "WHAT? He doesn't know what MSG stands for?!" a frustrated friend trying to get a balance view from the boyfriend and getting shocked by his lack of knowledge.

  • "I usually dated girl my age, or older than me. This one is just too immature." a friend telling me about his LDR with a girl two years younger than his.

[Totally feeling #3 and #4, HA!]

Well, at least one of my friend is pretty positive despite the ‘not-so-good’ news she received about her boyfriend.

After hearing her story I immediately said, "See, that makes me more skeptical about boys. Is there even one decent human boy out there?" She said, "[I guess we need to think about one thing:] Good intention. Good intention."

I laughed. So that becomes our sort-of mantra when one of us is losing faith due to boy's troubles.

Anyhoo, I don’t really know how to respond to most of the complaints since I’m not a competent couple counselor. I typically smiled and nodded or acted like one muted idiot. However, for some, I told them to suck it up and move on. For some, maybe a little patience is required. Because what is relationship without hard work, acceptance and forgiveness? It is not one that is worth keeping, I guess.

Maybe I'm being simple and un-romantic.

Or, maybe the next time I should just listen to you and not publishing your complaints here :)

Have a great weekend!

PS: If you want me to remove your taglines then let me know haha.. will appreciate your privacy. Umm.. right. Haha.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

All I can say is: Ha ha ha ha...