speaking word of faith

so, my ex-boss, Ms Coach (as her fave bag brand and her super-ability to coach/mentor me) decided to return to the Investment Banking market once again and she, surprise surprise, chose the IB House that I'm currently working in. I couldn't complain though, this is just like a April blessing for me because I adore Ms. Coach since forever. OK. I could continue gushing but it'll take another para to fill all in while I want to write about is a blessing in disguise.

in the afternoon after I'd received my pink slip (still easier to say than 'laid off'), Ms. S and I sat in the Pacific Place Coffee Bean, trying to cheer each other up. We sat on the compound of coach looking over to Jakarta Stock Exchange, the very place where we just got kicked out from. We laughed over some satirical joke, over the irony of the situation while trying to hide our shock and tears.

being ever two ambitious girls we discussed about what we are going to do next. well, I did plan to get off the country as soon as I could ditch the CFA test while Ms. S plan to work for Ms. Coach pro-bono (Ms. Coach has her own fund business, unfortunately it also collapsed following the global stock market meltdown), as long as she could stay in the business, that what she said. Although not long, we returned to the topic that clouded our head.

at that time, the very Bible verse that I remember was the one about how God has this grand plan and pieces are falling into its places just as how God want it to be. Then
I had the urge to challenge my faith and tested God's statement on how faithful he is. So I said over and over, loudly to Ms. S, that I know this happens for something that I don't know yet but I just knew that the plan is going to be beautiful that when the time comes I'd be sharing the words of joy and gratefulness.

maybe the fact that Ms. Coach is back into the business and becoming my boss is one of the beautiful result that I thought back then (If I have to tell the story about how Ms. Coach was getting the job, you'd think that it is some sort of scenario that I had made up~) or maybe it is just one of the pieces that falling into places for me to get to the finish line.

Either way God, He has some decent sense of humour! He put in our heart an emergency button called faith, that during the times of no hope, we could turn it on and start believing that there are hopes although we couldn't see it with our physical eyes.

I'm learning, from the small thing such jobs, to bigger things like love. I'm still learning.


No comments: