stop being a bitch

I stumbled upon one of my friend's Facebook notes regarding a person that has treated her so badly. In one unimaginable way that I thought only happened in sinetron. And after all the shenanigans this 'difficult person' pulled, she reaped her 'reward'.

Sweet, sweet revenge, huh, C? Especially when justice is served without having yourself included in the blooded battle. That is what the church may call, victorious. ^^v.

I don't believe in karma but I do believe in the saying of 'treat other like you want to be treated'. Because really, never will we know in what form a 'help' can come in our way. Which is what I found out as well this week, about a person who invisibly supported a friend in need.

Just like any typical week, I spent my Monday/Tuesday hanging out with my ex-colleague, Miss S, for lunch. She was telling me that she called our old office to speak to Mr. A, the legal director, asking for some sort of work related help. Not long after they talk nonsense, Mr. A asked her, "So, how's work? You like it there? How's Mr. B going?"

Mr. B used to work in our old office, but in a different era. Miss S, without any suspicion answered that Mr. B is alright and that she's is pretty settling in to the new office.

"I'm glad I could help." Mr. A said.

Miss S told me that she suddenly sense something weird from the statement, "What do you mean, Pak?"

"Lho, it was me who called Mr. B and hooked you two girls up for interview with him after the layoff."

What? It was him?! Mr. A who is typically acting ignorant about work and we sometime tease for his porn-joke? Mr. A who even didn't acknowledge us when we were beyond our mind that day? He was the one who promoted us to Mr. B?

Right after I got my pink slip, I received a text message (exactly on the next day) from Mr. B asking for my CV and proposing for interview. I just directly assumed that it was my ex-HOR that inform Mr. B about our condition. Both Miss S and I never got a chance to confirm who was it and we both just assumed it was one of the research people we know through out two years in the company. Little did we realize that Mr. A was the one who thinking about us and acted fast. And little did he know that my spirit was lifted a little higher that day. I get this 'out-of-jail/unemployment' card pretty fast, huh!

Oh well, so the story ends happily. I got a chance for an interview and realised that the job wasn't for me but it fit Miss S like gloves. While me, here I am, fully content that being nice to people that other may not think earns the respect, while sometime could be undervalued, is actually one of the treasured character.

1 comment:

redeemed said...

yeah...cant judge book by its cover :) good writing too.