friends

It was the 80s, the disco ball, the crazy colors and hoop earrings. My mother was my age living under the same roof with three other girls she called best friend knowing nothing for the future (including how her daughter would use her as an example of what friendship is for).

Coming from very different background, ethnicity, religion, they were installed together in a house with no parents supervision (they were younger than I am now). So becoming sisters are just like a second nature (all the fighting, the partying argh, I can only imagine from the picture they took).

Five of them are very different physically, one is tall, one is petite, one is athletic, one is stick skinny, one is curvy. Yet they compromise and create rules for sharing everything, including clothes. For the petite, buy jeans half size up, for the curvy, buy jeans half size down. Same rule goes for shoes. But never under garment, because bust is a bit hard to be compromised, or so they said. (And isn't it not hygienic hoho) But it was sort of the traveling pants of sisterhood or something.

Anyway, I used to envy my mother for her tight knit of friendship with my aunties (or my other mothers as they insisted), her best friend from the flight attending years. As a daughter it is easy to think that my life to fall into the same path as theirs, having my own set of friends and become as close as sisters.

Well I have accumulate few of my own along the way, eliminate those who apparently don't value friendship as it is and keep those who do. I hope I am being one, a good one.

4 comments:

redeemed said...

wanna share under garment with me? hauehauea

z i e said...

jijay.. jijay.. jijay.. cross dressing dong boooo

redeemed said...

isn't that ur wildest dream? to share under garment with me? huahuaheaua

z i e said...

sicko.. I never never never never.. ugh, I'm taking a week off from any gym or dinner with you sir. hahahaha