the intangible good characters

Well – today theme (well, it is more yesterday though) was unanswered question.

It started two days ago when a data request get me to review an annual report of a company we learn to love (thanks to some fashionably zexy brand). I stopped in the biography pages and scoured some pretty famous names. Many were born in 1940s, went to school in 1960s and have their first job in 1970s.

For a brief nanosecond moment I thought, ‘Will I ever got earn this sort of success?’ – you know, the sort that people will read your bio annually in a glossy pages of your company report.

Soon, it follow by, ‘If I finally moved on from the corporate life, would people still remember me after a while?’

Not to jumping around with mind, I realize that this is my first real job (and yes, we don’t count working in the kitchen as real job, do we?). Job which I was really blessed to have, which I decently enjoyed (depend on where you’re looking, really) and I won’t deny that the job is pretty cool.

I love being in the middle of all of ‘relationships’ (prefer this than network). I love meeting new people and finding out who they really are. I like the frustrating beginning when the new people were sneering and how it is going to evolve to something warmer. However, the questions are rushing in -

Would be an important people, really that ‘important’ in life? Does being an important person/woman is something that 20-30s years really aspire to be? Has the ‘reality tv’ made our generation make sure everyone knows about the success? Has the more intangible good characters long gone? Does being a staying home mother become failure?

Pressures are here; but only when we let them to be.

No comments: