A good company

I spoke to one of my longest friend last night, D, the one who doesn't want to return to our home country :).

But that's not my topic, people. Let's get back to where I was trying to say.

I spent two years with her (two, always TWO years~ is that how my life will ever be? Chopped around in two years period?) as a deskmate in high school. I can't remember whether or not we fought (I guess we did, she could be very very very mooody haha and so am I). But I understand her and I guess she does as well.

Anyway, she message me yesterday regarding my hypothetical blog (not so imaginative, as it is out there) is what it called~ She found out about it when she googled herself ^hihi^ and message me rightaway.

We end up in MSN, chattering away about life. I told her about my love/hate relationship with the banking industry and how I hate failing CFA (which if I have to do it again, I'll loose another 2 pounds). I told her how I love writing and I just want to runaway with my writing.

Unlike my other friends who were telling me to pursue my dream, she told me that preserverence is the lesson she learned.

I laughed to oblivious because she is the smartest girl I've ever known, with discipline and passion. No way she'd ever failed.

She sneered and told me that she did failed. She failed a test going for graduate school. Four times. But she preservere and now she's on her way to graduate school. Then,
she told me that in down the road I could still pursue my dream and enriched it with my own experience.

Now, I envied her for trying so hard. While here, I'm crumbling because of one failing test. I'm such a mushroom.

So thank you so much, D. I just couldn't potray how much you have supported me and get me back in line for my own race. I miss you and I hope you just change your mind and move back home.

1 comment:

felicia irene said...

I'm failing a lot.
Failing an interview in Dentsu.
Failing in being 'Laskar Pelangi' wardrober.
Failing in going into my first ad agency that i get.
Failing in a lot of chemistry test in high school.
Failing in one and the only physics subject in my art and design college, ups sorry, i get 'B'! Thanx for our friendship guys!

But I then ended up ok.
I graduate well.
My job is nice, though it spend my weekend. And so on, and so on.
it is right, failing is a delayed success.

Cheers:)