when a girl likes a boy


Do you remember when you were young enough to be pure, but old enough to think that your opposite sex (or same sex~ whatever) is one attractive human being? The magical feeling of being giddy, excited to see your crush, remembering their full name, their driving plate (ha, I did that). Then disclosing it to your very best friend, who'll keep it as a secret and you two creating a nickname for them.

Do you remember when the first boy (I'll use this as my reference.. preference) decided to announce their feelings for you? Even though you both are still a fourth grader (or Kindergarten if you are luckier) and still you thought that he was the one?

Looking back, the fun of having a crush at school seems so fairy-tale story.

Do we think about what happen if the boy liking us back? Uh-huh, no.

Yet, back then, I envied my girlfriends who got boys lining for them. I wasn't really lucky (as in so lucky to experience Kindergarten love story). The first boy who told me he liked me was when I was on the verge of puberty. I was 12 and I don't really like him. And I never had boys lining up for me.

Meanwhile, some of my elementary friends were already dating (meaning: went to see the movie, meet each other in the park :), or whatever they did back then). I know that they maybe the alpha male/female within our population (or sample is a more likely size of what we were) but still, the feeling of being left behind is not so nice.

Honestly, I'm just happy now we are grown up. I can't say the same for boys on the growing up part, but I'm glad I'm no longer ten and seeing all of my girlfriends have their own follower.

Reason: not because I have an entourage of my own, no.

I guess life has taught me few things about relationship. While physical attractiveness is crucial, but relationship (or life) is not by all means successful based on the numbers. You know what they say, quality over quantity.

Being a grown up, maybe delete the magical feeling of 'falling in crush' faster since we've learned that what follow is hard-work, it proves that there's some things that are more important after the crush phase. There is no point for being so popular if we ended up alone in misery because none of the boys are connecting with us on our level, right?

Although, yes, it is still fun to have boys lining up to see you once in a while.

So when a girl likes a boy (and vice versa), give it a shot! Just make sure that, he likes you back, you two share the same future, and you're willing to work for it

Simple one, two, three.

Image source: www.art.com

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Ouch!! Hahahaha This speaks to me so hard. Yea.. I want my man!!!

z i e said...

haha.. masa sihhhh?? bagian mananya??

Daisy Enggina said...

it only takes one man to be your husband...you don't need a line of men :)

z i e said...

haha.. agree! growing up certainly opens my mind regarding the issue :)